Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Welcome to my new blog!

This is my first experience with blogging. I have seen a few, but have wondered who reads them, and why?

Mostly I will be writing about fiber art, in particular the quilted kind, or that fabricated from pieces of cloth and sewn, painted, embroidered or otherwise embellished. I haven't done weaving for years and have no current interest in the scrapbook and paper art projects done by many of my contemporaries. There are too many things higher up on my "To Do" list.

Cats will appear in my blog frequently as I have belonged to them all my life. I also love other animals, currently I belong to two golden retrievers, as well as two cats. I have considered incorporating pet hair into my work intentionally but the most constructive ways have been done by others.

One of the reasons for doing this is to share my ideas for organizing art and sewing materials. And I want to pass along my experiences with the notions and gadgets I buy with the unending stream of coupons which I feel morally obligated to use. If we don't support the stores, they will disappear!

The 'quips' in the title refers to my sense of humor and the enjoyment I experience when something I say makes someone else laugh. I have been a long time believer in the power of humor. It makes everything better: it heals, helps educate, brings people closer, and relieves anxiety. If something in my blog "tickles your funny bone," our time has been well spent.

7 comments:

  1. What a great start. Very YOU. I'll get great pleasure from reading about your very interesting life!! I hope you learn to post pictures soon so everyone can see the work you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Go ahead ... make me laugh! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blog world Caroline. Other quilters and textile artists will want to see pictures. But we can enjoy a humorous story or thought provoking post without the visuals too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice first effort. I look forward to hearing your tool and product reviews. I love how you try everything! Can't wait to see some photos.
    Jaye
    http://artquiltmaker.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, Caroline! Glad you took the plunge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy left a comment on MY blog for you! You can find it at: http://artquiltmaker.com/blog/2010/03/new-blog/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post Caroline. I look forward to more of your quips and other things.

    ReplyDelete